- 25.10.2017 – 15.11.2017__ “LUDERITZ SPEED CHALLENGE- WORLDRECORD CHASE” – LUDERITZ/NAMIBIA
- 15.08.2017 – 19.08.2017__ “*TBC* DUNKERBECK GPS SPEED CHALLENGE- EUROPEAN CHAMPIONSHIP” – ARINAGA/GRAN CANARIA
- 30.06.2017 – 05.07.2017__ “DUNKERBECK GPS SPEED CHALLENGE- ISWC SPEED WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP” – MATAS BLANCAS/FUERTEVENTURA
- 22.06.2017 – 25.06.2017__ “SOROBON MASTERS” – BONAIR
- 17.06.2017 – 21.06.2017__ “DEFI WIND CARIBBEAN” – BONAIR
- 09.06.2017 -11.06.2017__ “DUNKERBECK PRO/AM LONGDISTANCE REGATTA” – HEJLSMINDE/DENMARK
- 25.05.2017 – 28.05.2017__ “GRAN CANARIA DUNKERBECK VIRTUAL SPEED CHALLENGE” – FRANCE
- 25.05.2017 – 28.05.2017__ “DEFI WIND” – FRANCE
- 15.12.2016 – 18.12.2016 __ “DUNKERBECK SUP CHALLENGE” – COSTA MOGAN/ GRAN CANARIA
- 17.08.2016 __ “DUNKERBECK JUMP CHALLENGE” – SIAM PARK/ TENERIFE
- 16.06.2016 – 19.06.2016 __ “SOROBONE MASTERS” – BONAIR
- 10.06.2016 – 14.06.2016 __ “DUNKERBECK GPS SPEED CHALLENGE” – BONAIR
- 10.06.2016 – 14.06.2016 __ “DEFIWND CARIBBEAN” – BONAIR
- 01.06.2016 – 05.06.2016 __ “DUNKERBECK GPS SPEED CHALLENGE/ WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP” – FUERTEVENTURA/ SPAIN
- 21.05.2016 – 22.05.2016 __ “LONG DISTANCE REGATTA” – HEJLSMINDE/ DENMARK
- 05.05.2016 – 08.05.2016 __ “LE DEFI WIND” – GRUISSAN/ FRANCE
- 05.05.2016 – 08.05.2016 __ “GRAN CANARIA- DUNKERBECK SPEED CHALLENGE” – GRUISSAN/ FRANCE
- 29.04.2016. – 01.05.2016 __ VISIT “SURF WORLD CUP PODERSDORF” – LAKE NEUSIEDL/ AUSTRIA
- 23.04.2016__ “JUICE PLUS CONVENTION-BRAND AMBASADOR” – BONN/ GERMANY
- 26.01.2016 – 01.02.2016 __ “SAINT BARTH FUN CUP” – ST. BARTH
- 23.01.2016 – 24.01.2016 __ VISIT “BOOT” – DUESSELDORF/ GERMANY
- December 2015 __ “INVITAIONAL SIAM PARK DUNKERBECK SUP CHALLENGE” – TENERIFE/ SPAIN
- 10.12.2015 – 13.12.2015 __ “GRAN CANARIA PRO/AM COSTA MOGAN DUNKERBECK SUP CHALLENGE” – GRAN CANARIA/ SPAIN
- 30.10.2015 – 15.11.2015 __ “LUDERITZ SPEED CHALLENGE” – LUDERITZ/ NAMIBIA
- October 2015 __ “REDBULL RIVALS” – LANZAROTE/ SPAIN
- 09.10.2015 – 10.10.2015 __ “TV TOTAL STOCK CAR CRASH CHALLENGE” – GERMANY
- 08.08.2015 – 09.08.2015 __ “SIAM PARK TOW IN WINDSURFING EXPRESSION SESSION” – TENERIFE/ SPAIN
- 27.06.2015 – 03.07.2015 __ “DUNKERBECK GPS SPEED CHALLENGE” – FUERTEVENTURA/ SPAIN
- 22.05.2015 – 25.05.2015 __ “SOROBON MASTERS” – BONAIR
- 14.05.2015 – 17.05.2015 __ “LE DEFI WIND” – GRUISSAN/ FRANCE
- 01.05.2015 – 03.05.2015 __ “SUP FESTIVAL KALTERER SEE” – KALTERN/ ITALY
- 29.01.2015 – 01.02.2015 __ “SAINT BARTH FUN CUP” – ST. BARTH
- 23.01.2015. – 25.01.2015 __ VISIT “BOOT” – DUESSELDORF/ GERMANY
After an exciting week full of races and battles on the water, a very successful Dunkerbeck GPS Speed Challenge has come to an end. After several years without an official World Championship, this year the Dunkeberck GPS Speed Challenge hosted the ISWC World Championship, with more than 50 competitors from 10 different countries fighting for the World Crown in both the Men’s and Women’s categories.
Winning in the open category with a clear margin was Bjorn Dunkerbeck, on his fastest run reaching 38.48 knots (72km/h) over 250m of followed by John Skye from the UK and in 3rd place Markus Emanuelsson. The women’s fleet was dominated and won by Zara Davis, 2nd was Maria Jose Medina, 3rd was Anne Schindler and in 4th, promising 14-year-old Alexa Escherich.
We are looking forward to the next edition of Dunkerbeck GPS Speed Challenge/ ISWC World Championship 2017 from 30.06. – 05.07.2017 in Matas Blancas/ Fuerteventura.
Info and inscription: www.surfbd.com/dunkerbeck-gps-speed-challenge/
The 2015 Tenerife PWA World Cup was signed off in spectacular fashion on the final evening of the event as ten of the best sailors in the world headed to Siam Park for the Dunkerbeck Challenge.
Siam Park boasts the largest artificial wave in the world – reaching almost 10 foot on its maximum setting – which provided the wave sailing elite with the perfect stunt ramp to launch into their most radical stunts right in front of a packed out crowd – bringing windsurfing to a new scene and reaching a new crowd in the process.
With over 15 countries and 80 competitors taking part 2015 the competition has gone from strength to strength.
The completion was hard fought in all categories. The winds were not as strong as 2014 but we managed to achieve four quality rounds for each fleet. With a wind average of 25 knots the most chosen board type was a 54 speed board with the sail combination of 6.2 and 7.0.
A record number of entries including the largest number of youth and junior entries were fighting it out for their European speed titles. We were especially proud to have also six couples in the “father & son” fleet this year what reflects the concept of the Dunkerbeck GPS Speed Challenge.
Event organiser Björn Dunkerbeck said “Very pleased with year two of the Dunkerbeck GPS Speed Challenge incorporating the ISWC European championships and the Canarian championships. It is great for me to be able to compete at an international event together with my son Liam and my father Eugen at this event too. Entries are up from year one and I am particularly pleased to have such a very high standard of Kids entered as they are the future of our sport”
We are looking forward to the Dunkerbeck GPS Speed Challenge 2016 and will publish the new dates as soon as possible.
RESULTS: DSC Results 2015
RESULTS: Final ranking Canary Championship
RESULTS: Final Results Open
A new „windsurf event format“ is born.
The biggest long distance event in the world- „Le Defi 2015“with over 1200 participants hosted the new GPS Event form Björn Dunkerbeck for the first time.
With the help of the main sponsor „Gran Canaria“ the 16th of May ca. 130 „Defi Competitors“ were fighting for the fastest 250m run measured by their GPS device. Under very rough conditions with gusts of 60 knots managed Antoine Albeau (22 times windsurf- world champion) to be the fastest one before Peter Bijll and Björn Dunkerbeck. The female ranking won the Turkish rider Lena Erdil (vice slalom world champion).
The innovation is the virtual GPS Speed challenge at the same time.
All windsurfer around the world could compete against each other and the competitors of the event with their GPS. The number of participants was amazing. More than 300 riders from almost 20 countries uploaded their times on the website www.gps-speedsurfing.com. This new event- format will give more windsurfers the possibility to compete without traveling around the world with huge board bags. You can do it from your home spot where you know the conditions very well.
RESULTS: DSC Gruissan
RESULTS: Ranking DSC worldwide
With the main event of the 2014 Dunkerbeck-Eyewear Siam Park Tenerife PWA World Cup being concluded two days early, yesterday saw a phenomenal conclusion to another brilliant event in Tenerife as the elite of the wave sailing world headed to Siam Park for the Dunkerbeck Eyewear tow-in exhibition.
The philosophy of Dunkerbeck GPS Speed Challenge is to inspire again more windsurfers for the speed discipline. With the format “professional / amateur event” – open to all age-classes- we bring together windsurfers who want to set their personal best or would like to defend their times against other riders. The GPS technology gives us the ability to determine the average speed on a 250 meters or 500 meters course of each competitor. The timing, execution and placement is managed by the colleagues of www.gps-speedsurfing.com. The bay of Matas Blancas on Fuerteventura offers the best wind conditions (angle and speed) for our Dunkerbeck GPS Speed Challenge.
With almost 60 participants including three members of the “50 knots club” and women’s record holder Zara Davis, local riders, international competitors and good wind conditions it was a successful and promising first Speed event in the bay of Matas Blancas/ Fuerteventura. We are looking forward to next year’s event and hope to increase especially the number of participants in the “Father & Son”- fleet – the main idea of the Dunkerbeck GPS Speed Challenge concept.
RESULTS: Dunkerbeck GPS Speed Challenge 2014 – Total Ranking
Bjorn brings together the Red Bull Rival and offers the best surfers of Spain the challenge to surf the world’s largest artificial wave.
Once the riders come together in Lanzarote for the big Red Bull Rival Surf contest Bjorn brings them to the island of Tenerife to surf the world’s largest artificial wave in the water kingdom “SIAM PARK”. There a big audience will have the chance to see very high leveled surf action as close as possible.
The event will be a great festival of Surf with hot music and cool drinks at the beach of the wave pool in the Siam Park.
More information coming soon.
More information coming soon.